Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some Pictures, at Least

Ahhh...my total lack of follow-through has reared its ugly head.

I've all but forgotten you, little blog.  But that's okay because I've got a good reason. 

I've been taking an online photography class!  It's been great...and a little more intense than I thought it would be.  It has taken a lot of time online and a lot of time with the camera.  Obviously.  My poor little children run for the hills every time I pull the camera out now.  But that's okay because I've learned the power of the bribe.


I've learned a ton.  I've learned so much that I now realize I have no idea what I'm doing. It turns out that photography is really complicated.  It's about finding the light, imagining the look you want and making it come to life through the camera settings.  It's about buying lots of lollipops so your 3-year-old will just sit still for one more second! 

So I'm learning.






That's what I've been up to.  That and the whole parenting thing.  

And I'm not done blogging.  Just a little sidetracked right now.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics Amy! Great to see the brilliance (and dedication) from law school shining through in your photography. Now I must leave your website because your music makes me cry :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pics, especially the one of Brooke lying down. She looks so pretty in that costume--I knew it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete