Thursday, February 16, 2012

Macro Fun

Hmmm...what to do while passing the days waiting for baby? 

Most women clean and nest and all that good stuff but I AM SERIOUSLY TIRED.  So how about a little experimenting with macro photography instead?  I am in love with macro.  You know what I'm talking about, right?  Pictures of teeny tiny bugs or the itsy bitsy bits inside flowers?  Basically, a picture that magnifies the subject.  That's macro.  

There's a macro lens I would love to have.  But it's very expensive.  When I mentioned it to Scot he just laughed and mumbled something about diapers and college.  He can be so unreasonable sometimes. :-)  So instead I plunked down ten bucks on some extension tubes--tubes you can use with your existing lenses that allow close-up focusing. 

Here's my first attempt.





Strawberry.


Maybe some little baby finger and eyelash pictures in my future?  :-)

3 comments: