Monday, August 20, 2012

Soup's On!

At long last, it's time for Eli to start eating food.

After six months of nursing (and refusing to take a bottle at all), Eli is officially ready to branch out into the exciting world of mush. That means I can leave the house for more than two hours and know I won't return to a mad baby.  Woot!!

Eli entertained while Daddy prepared the grub.  First, he showed us how to make raspberries.



Next, screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason but because he can.

(The big kids think this is HIGH-larious.)

Okay, on with the show.  Don't be scared.



Well, be a little scared.  Rice cereal. Yuck.


Let the feeding begin.

He liked it...okay...I guess.  He ate a couple of tablespoons, anyway.

  Eating Lesson #1:  Do not make raspberries while eating.







A good daddy knows how to make the "feeding the baby" face.


 

Feeding the baby=entertainment the whole family will enjoy.  Who knew?

5 comments:

  1. and extended family entertainment!!!

    love the black and white pic of scot's hand feeding eli-very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. when are you going to go pro with the photography? you rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you! Mushed up food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! And you nailed it with the "feeding the baby face"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, Ames! You need to go pro with the photography! And, great pics :-) I can't believe he's 6 months!!! CRAZY how fast it has gone. Can't wait to see you and hug that sweet boy in person! Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete