Tuesday, December 4, 2012

O Christmas Tree

We got a real, live tree this year! 

Scot aspires to be Clark Griswald, I think.  We couldn't just go to Lowe's and get a tree like everybody else.  We were going to cut down our own.

The kids were all business.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then we found it.  Cutting it down was a 3-man job.  
 
 
 
What did Eli do while Scot cut and I took pictures? Grazed on pine needles and practiced his baby yoga. We're really good parents like that.

 
So now we have a Christmas tree. 
 



 
We also have 3 broken ornaments (and counting) and a broken advent calandar courtesy of curious little hands. 
 
Ah, well. 'Tis the season.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! You all are such a special family!
    -Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!!!

    Have you seen those candy Advent calenders at the grocery store? They're so cool.

    Here's to broken ornaments-cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am SO excited that you did that! We cut our own one year as a child and it is an ICONIC childhood memory for me. Your kids will really cherish this, and I'm sure you're loving the smell of a real tree too. Amy, it is killing me that we don't live closer because I would hire you to take pics of us. I would insist on paying you and it would be great because yours are better than what I see on these websites so I'd know for sure I was getting the quality I wanted.

    ReplyDelete