Monday, March 4, 2013

Cake Smash!

Eli is ONE!!!

Wow.  I know it goes fast, but wow. How is it possible that this child is one?? 

So, of course we had to have a little party last weekend.  This one was a little different than the other first birthday parties I've thrown.  Simple was the name of the game.  No theme.  Kid-made decorations. Ordered a cake. Done.  Scot and I didn't even do gifts unless you count a crib rail cover to keep him from chewing completely through the crib.  Simple.

The birthday boy provided the entertainment.


Eli's first words were "umm...seriously, Mom?"
 
 
A little help blowing out the candle. 

Let the games begin!


 
 
 

Check this out!!  Well done, baby.


 

Boy, do I love this little dude. :-)
 

And of course, bath time.

 
We all had a sweet birthday weekend with the grandparents.


My parents weren't feeling great on Eli's birthday weekend, so they came up a few days later.  Of course, we had to reinact the cake smash.  I don't even want to know how many grams of sugar this baby has had in the past few days.   He didn't seem to mind too much.

 
 
More grandparent fun! I thought the kids' heads were going to explode. 
 


Thanks to all the grandparents!  And happy birthday to my absolute favorite baby.  I love you and thank God for you every day, Eli!! 

2 comments:

  1. He looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU in the "um, seriously mom?" picture! It brings to mind no end of law school moments, LOL!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete