Monday, October 11, 2010

Surprises, Friends and Very Nice Husbands

I have a very nice husband. 

This weekend, my very nice husband surprised me with a little spa facial and pedicure for my birthday. 

But that's not even the nicest part.

When I came home from my spa trip, Brooke ran up to me and yelled "Surprise! Happy birthday, Mama!"

I walked in the door and around the corner...

"SURPRISE!"


Our best college friends that we don't get to see nearly enough of were there to surprise me for my birthday!

I had no idea.  Absolutely no idea


I mean, it was a little weird that Scot wanted to make sure the house got vacuumed.  That's usually not on his radar. 

But still, no idea.

Our sweet friends brought their beautiful babies.



Our friends are the greatest.  They brought me a plant "because when you're old you get things like houseplants." They convinced me that I looked just fine even though I was post-facial and makeupless at my own birthday party (pretty sure I had a nightmare like that once). And no one rolled their eyes when I said lame things like, "I have to take lots and lots of pictures for my blog!" 

This is Mike.  His idea to surprise me was to leave all the kids in the living room with a note that said the adults all went out to watch the ball game. 

Anyway, we talked and laughed and caught up.  We got our play on. 


This is Grace.  Grace is turning 8 this week, which is way cooler than turning 33. Happy birthday, Grace! 



Birthday candles and cake and ice cream. 


Being old is awesome, so far.


Thank you, thank you to our friends for loading up and heading all the way out to the boonies to see us.  We had a great time and we love you all!

And thank you to Scot, my very nice husband. 

3 comments:

  1. Aw Amy! Scot is such a keeper! Glad you had such a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best husband ever! Graet job Scott!

    Happy Birthday Amy! Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What a FANTASTIC WAY to celebrate another year of life. Getting to enjoy the beauty of relaxation, good friends and a sweet hubby to treat you like a Queen! You deserve it! That was a super sweet gift from Scot-he's raisin' the bar for all the menfolk readin'...:)!!!

    ReplyDelete