Something tells me that I already did. And something also tells me that this will not be my last snow day entry this winter...or maybe even this week.
I love it when it snows so much, ain't nobody goin' nowhere. In other words, Scot was home with us today! We had a ball.
Brooke has decided that coloring and cutting are awesome. That's all she wants to do. Ever. So we did.
Nate broke the Official Snow Day Rules by changing out of his pjs. But when one smears blueberries all over one's self, one must break the rules and change. The mismatched socks keep the snow day spirit, I think.
Sigh.
This snow day was different because we bundled up Brooke and set her loose. I thought I'd spend 10 minutes bundling so she could spend 5 minutes playing. I even took pictures of the clock when I started and when she went outside. That girl proved me wrong.
My snow angel made a snow blob.
She shoveled with the "Brooke-sized" shovel.
She pretended the snow was pixie dust.
And one hour later she came in. But only because I made her. Because she looked like this.
I love this picture because she's so happy even though she's freezing. And because it reminds me of the part of Christmas Vacation where Audrey's eyes are frozen after the family goes out to find a tree.
I don't think her eyes were quite frozen.
Anyway, we had cookies. You know a snow day is reason enough for me to throw the diet out the window and bake some cookies. Peanut butter cookies...yum!
Later, I snuck out to take a couple of pictures.
The sky was beautiful.
I'm so thankful for the snow. And for what's waiting back inside.














LOVE THIS AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pics of Brooke in the snow - the pink and white - are so gorgeous.
I love the pajamas and cookies, and that Scot had the day off.
THIS is what it's all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you - if we'd have known how much we loved this, we'd have started earlier. I was just sitting down thinking my post would be something about knowing it's no fun for people who have to work, but LOVING all the snow we'll get tomorrow while I'm cuddled up with my baby. But this says it all. LOVE this post.
Oh wow... how I miss snow days! Yours looked perfect, just perfect. If only we had "hot and humid" days... because I'm certain that there are days here that it is just dangerous to one's health to be out and about. Physical and emotional torture!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day!!! I love the pictures of Brooke throwing the snow pixie dust and her frozen eyes! Luke's favorite pic was of the cookies :-) Thanks for another wonderful post!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Amy! The one of Brooke throwing the snow is FABULOUS!
ReplyDeleteyou throw a mean snow day, i wanna come!
ReplyDelete