Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blue Thanksgiving

A few months ago our pastor did a sermon about being joyful.  On the big screen he showed a small yellow dot surrounded entirely by blue.  What does your eye immediately go to?  Even though 99% of the screen was blue, your eye immediately went to the one, little yellow dot.

I think about that visual a lot. How often is my thought process like that?  Instead of thinking of all the blessings that surround me everyday, I focus on the "yellow dot"-- whatever happens to be going wrong in life.  Some days the "yellow dot" is bigger than others, but still, the "blue" is always there.  Lots of blue.

I am thankful for so many things.

I'm so thankful for the kiddos.  The upcoming holidays and the opportunity to soak it in. 




My husband. The family we'll visit for Thanksgiving. 

My friends.

Health.  A growing, 26-week belly that moves and shakes with the little boy I'll hold in just three short months.


Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, I somehow didn't see it before. It's so true too. And seriously Amy - SERIOUSLY - your photography is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete