Friday, December 9, 2011

I actually did something I saw on Pinterest.

If you're looking for something cool and crafty you are SO on the wrong blog.

A few weeks ago I saw a page on Pinterest about how to entertain toddlers, and one of the ideas was to paint the bathtub with watercolors. Since I have a couple of toddler types running around I decided to give it a try. 

Be sure to give a good scare-the-tarnation-out-of-them speech.  Tell them: repeat after me, "DO NOT PAINT ON THE WALLS!!!"  Look serious and mean and growl.

Then strip 'em to their scivies, throw 'em in and go for it.    


 

Verdict: this was perfect!  It really wasn't that messy, they thought cleaning the tub was fun (HA!) and we got the bath over and done with after the painting.  It took a good hour and a half or so, start to finish. 

So...clean kids, clean tub, morning of entertainment. Not too bad. 

2 comments:

  1. OK, because I'm blonder than I pay to be-do you do the water colors before you add water to the tub?

    2nd-LOVE THE TITLE OF THIS POST-it should win some kind of award because it is freakin' hilarious.

    3rd-if there was some kind of mother of the year award i'd totally vote for you! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute! Will have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete