Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving, Y'all


This Thanksgiving we loaded 'er up and headed South.  Like, way south, ya'll.   

And after 137 hours on the road with two toddlers, there's nothing better than seeing that the halls are decked and that the family is there ready to start the party.








 We had lots of amazing food, of course.

These were just the appetizers.  We haven't even hit the main course yet. 


Here we go with the big dishes...aren't they pretty?


My sister-in-law shared the story of the first Thanksgiving with the kids.  Then we ate.



I cleaned my plate.  I even ate the sweet potatoes with pineapple chunks.  And I'd do it again.

The cousins all had a blast together. Cousins are great, aren't they? 

They've always got your back.


And they'll carry you through the rough times.

But they will throw you down in a wrestling match. 
Men.

I would have gotten a better picture if I hadn't been scared for my life. 

We all had a blast.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all our hosts and hostesses. :-) 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time had by all, except for the 137 hours in the car--TORTURE!!! Glad you made it there and back in one piece! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO stinking talented. I'm really trying not to covet your photography skills...I'll keep working on that. :) Great shots - great commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW did you spend 137 hours in a car? Where did you go???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Lisa, I was totally exaggerating--more like 8 hours!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMY!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THOSE PICTURES ARE THE BOMB DIGITY!!!

    When are you opening up your photography studio from home? There is a serious side business at your fingertips if you want it, you are GOOD!!!

    Like, reaaalllllly talented! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete