Saturday, April 23, 2011

Little Things, Big Love

I think I feel God's love the most when I pay attention to the little things.

The tiny sprouts on the window sill.

Eensy-weensy flower bits that no one will ever see but me. 

Shallow dimples on sweet baby hands.

 

I feel God's love in those things.  I wonder if maybe God made those things just for my eyes. The great and mighty creator of this universe, the holy God on high thought to give me these small pleasures.  I can feel His desire to please me. Me.

Oh, how His love swallows me up. 

But these little things come from something big.  God's love is bigger and stronger than my human mind can replicate or comprehend.  A love beyond the love I have for my husband.  Beyond the love I have for the little hearts I so carefully document on this blog.   Even though I don't deserve it and fail Him regularly, He loves me. 

As Brooke told me today, "Easter is because Jesus loves us very much."

Enough to give us undeserved grace.

Enough to send His son to carry our sins on the cross.  

Feeling so blessed this Easter.

2 comments: