Sunday, January 22, 2012

Waiting for You

I'm about 35 weeks now. 


The little flutters of early pregnancy have given way to rolls, flips, hiccups and sharp kicks.  You move almost constantly, shifting and shaking my belly nonstop.  Your little heel makes a tiny protrusion on my left side.  Your bottom up sits high. In just one more month I'll be kissing your heel and patting your bottom.  

I can't wait.

This is the most exciting time in pregnancy, I think.  There's discomfort, yes.  Exhaustion, heartburn and sleeplessness. Stabbing round ligament pain that takes my breath away in the middle of the night.  But now there's anticipation.  Knowing that you'll be here soon eases everything.  We're getting close. 

Honestly? I worry about handling everything.  I know I have a challenging year ahead of me.  But I also know that God doesn't want my worries.  I often find myself praying for peace, wisdom, and an ever-present appreciation of the blessings I've been given.

And I thank God for giving me you.

I don't know quite what the next year will be like.  But I do know that once you're here I won't be able to imagine life without you.  I will be over-the-moon, head-over-heels in love. In a sea of unknowns, of this I'm sure. 

After all, it's happened twice before.

I love you so much already.  See you soon.

Love, me

2 comments:

  1. How beautifully put!!! I think I prayed everyday, I can do everything through Christ who strenghtens me, while pregnant with the girls!!! Can't wait to meet your newest little man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears streaming down. I LOVE this, Amy.

    ReplyDelete