Sunday, May 13, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever

One of my favorite things to do with the kids is go to the local orchard and pick fruit.  Why?

Because...
Tractor rides?  Check.
Cheap?  Check.
Kids can run and scream?  Check.
Healthy foods?  That can also be converted into high-calorie desserts?  Check and check.

So when asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day, I immediately asked to go pick strawberries.  And we did!


The kids had a blast.  Eli immediately cashed out in the baby carrier and didn't make a peep. 

Brooke had a great time picking and eating (mostly eating) the strawberries.  Soon she moved on to weed-picking.  Girlfriend loves her some flowers.

How many strawberries did Nate eat?  Let's just say the boy will never go hungry in a strawberry field.  I just love that big grin.
And...here are the strawberries!!  I picked exactly three because it was too hard to bend over with the little guy strapped to my chest. 

So now we have a gazillion strawberries. Some have stayed healthy berries, some have been dipped in chocolate, and some have been eaten over shortcake.  What can I say?  Mama likes her dessert.

Me and my three. 
One small favor, guys: Will you please, please stay little so we can do this every single year?  Please???

Happy Mother's Day!! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Aw, sweet pics! We love strawberry picking here, too, and my oldest is 15, so you still have a few years of strawberry fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!!! Your hair is so cute curly! Brooke's strawberry stained fingers holding flowers is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to take Luke to pick strawberries, but don't know of a place here. It looks like you had a great day. What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I LOVE you and your THREE! What a great post!

    ReplyDelete