Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Just a Phase

Brooke is in a really sweet phase right now. Everything is alive. The bottles in the bathtub, the fork and spoon at dinner, and all of her toys. I love to watch her pretend.



She loves to dress up, too. She pulls dresses and jewelry out of her little dress up box everyday and doesn't want to take them off. And I don't ask her to. It's awfully cute. I love that girl.




Nate is in a more, um, high-maintenance phase. Within the last couple of weeks he's picked up crawling and cruising. Before this, he was doing a very mom-friendly belly- scooting thing. He could get where he wanted to go, but not at lightening speed. No more. Now I turn around for a second and he's up the steps, trying to open the toilet, or tormenting Brooke.

Nate has eight teeth and isn't afraid to use them. He'll eat anything he can get into his little mouth. Yesterday he chewed the button off of a play phone and ate a flower Brooke brought home from the park. He reminds me of those little Roomba vacuums that buzz around and clean the house.



Nate eats his crib, too. See the fabric wrapped around the top? That is not the latest in nursery decor. Nathan is under the impression that he can chew his way through his crib and into freedom, ala Shawshank Redemption. He might be right. He's splintered the wood in one spot with all his chewing.

I will say this about Nate, though: he is just about the happiest little thing I've ever seen. He laughs and loves to chase and be tickled. He finds joy in everything. He lights up every time he sees one of us. I hope that phase sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment