Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summertime

Summer came this week, complete with mosquitoes and humidity. I LOVE it! (I'll probably have an "It's Too Hot" post in a few weeks.)

Our roses finally decided to bloom.



When I bought this bush it was COVERED in roses. Fast-forward two weeks, and it was on the verge of death. But it perked back up and looks like it might survive my brown thumb.

We also planted some seeds so Brooke could watch them turn to flowers. It's two months later and we're still waiting. I can't remember what we planted, so not exactly sure what we're looking for here.




I told Brooke that flowers don't like to be touched and tried to keep her out of them. Naturally, she wanted to touch them every time she saw them. After a few days of that I gave up.



She's actually very gentle with them. Maybe they just need a little of her TLC.

1 comment:

  1. I'll trade rose bushes with you !!!!!
    All the petals are on the ground and all I can see are leaves that have been attacked by bugs **^%&*%^%^&
    Can you just imagine Brooke's reaction to the first flower !

    ReplyDelete