Friday, May 14, 2010

We Just Pay the Bills

The kiddos have officially taken over the house. I say "officially" because the formal dining room has become a playroom. Come over and this is what you'll see when you walk in the door:







This really shouldn't be that big of a deal. After all, its not like we did a lot of fine dining to begin with. In the four years we've lived here we have eaten at the dining room table exactly one time. The china lined up in the cabinet? Never touched. And this is one of the biggest rooms in the house, so it's silly to let it sit when we need the space. Still, it's a little shocking to walk into the house and see our grown-up dining room gone.



Hi there, wine rack. Remember when you were filled with wine from Illinois vineyards and the brightly-colored glasses I bought just to display on you? You're off to the basement. A certain energetic young man attempted to climb you just this morning.

The change is good, though. I know a couple of little people that are liking the new room. I guess I can get on board with that.



1 comment: