First, we met our sweet new niece. Here she is with her mama.
She showed us her little baby tricks.
So much cuteness!! I just love her already.
My brother reminded me that he is the artist in the family and showed me that I do not, in fact, have "mad Play-doh skills." He does. (Click here to see what I'm talking about.)
Nemo and Flounder. Brooke may never ask me to play Play-doh again.
And then we took off to the lake and met some really good friends that we've been close with since college. We shopped, ate, played mini-golf, and laughed and laughed and laughed.


Me and my man at dinner.
I distinctly remember that I did not play mini-golf well the last time I played, about 20 years ago. Still true. Everyone kept saying things like "you made par that time, Amy!" or "I think the green must be slanted." I was the overall loser, but I had a lot of fun trying.

Our friends on the golf course.
When we got home I put Nathan in some of the clothes I bought him at the lake.

Fall forecast: overalls. And lots of 'em.
It was a really, really good time, made possible by my parents. (Thanks, again!)
That sounds like a lot of fun! I am so glad you were able to meet your new niece--she is so cute and looks like her daddy :-) Glad you had a fun time at the lake too. We've got to do that soon! I love Nate's new overalls. We already have a lot of them for the summer, but I definitely need to get some for fall!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! We always enjoy visiting grandma & grandpa!!
ReplyDeleteJessica