Friday, December 10, 2010

Girl Time

Girl time is awesome.

After lunch I hose down Stinks and ship him off to bed.


Then we play, just me and my girl.  

Her newest favorite toy?  Scot's "Bahamas" hat.  Brooke and Nathan have been wearing it nonstop.  It's like having tiny retirees running around the house. 


Today we pulled out the Play-doh.  You may remember that we love Play-doh around here. 

Can you tell what we made today?  A snake with a dress and glass slippers.

Duh.

Do you think Brooke will remember these little times we stopped everything and just played, even though the house looks like this?

Except it looks way worse. But that mess will be here tomorrow or whenever I finally decide I can't stand it anymore. So, instead of cleaning, we play snake dress-up with the Play-doh on the kitchen floor while wearing straw hats. 

I don't know if she'll remember these sweet little times, but I will. I'm so glad for them. 

I just love that girl of mine.

2 comments:

  1. You two are such precious girls to me! I am sure Brooke will remember some of these special times with her fun Mama :-) Those are the best kinds of memories--the special little things are the most important (I think). Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good mama!

    what do the greeting cards say? one day you'll realize the little things were the big things?

    cute snake shoes.

    ReplyDelete