Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is the Day

I got off on the wrong foot today.

We're tired. The baby was up at 5:30 and went back down for his morning nap at 7:50. Brooke woke up bright and early, too.

I opened the fridge to see that our breakfast choices were salad or eggs. Eggs it is. Brooke dropped one on the floor as she "helped" me make breakfast. The floor that I scrubbed yesterday, Cinderella-style, down on my hands and knees. Sigh.

As I mentally counted the hours until naptime (6!?!) I noticed this on my egg carton:



It says, "This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

Right there on my egg carton. Whoa...hmmmm...

What if I treat today as a gift? I know that in a few more years I will wish I had that two-year-old, dressed as Snow White over her pjs, dropping eggs on my kitchen floor. (Did I mention I had just scrubbed it???) I will remember when my grocery cart was so full of babies that I had no room for groceries. I will think of that smiling little boy, happy, healthy and raring to go in the wee hours of the morning. How great is that?

Today is a beautiful gift. And I am so glad for it.

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!!! Your blog is GREAT!

    The boys and I have been having a ball reading your posts. Here's a message from them...

    "We just did funny stuff we also skipped naps today and we said that's silly that Brooke and Nathan whenever it rains ya'll watch it bye."

    "We missed ya'll. we hope ya'lls vidoes ya'll should watch the home funniest videos we love ya'll. bye"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I got my new little boys and they are ninja's and um I got bad guys and stuff at our house. bye. and I'm playing with it bye."

    ReplyDelete
  3. toys, i meant to type i got my new little toys and they are ninja's...

    can you tell we are passing the time till daddy gets home? 4:45pm. the longest hour of the day :).

    ReplyDelete