We haven't gone anywhere or done anything. It's 1000 degrees and we've pretty much been huddled around the air conditioning vents. Nothing is happening in this house. NOTHING. No baby steps (yet), nothing new.
So...I'm going to steal Oprah's idea and give you a few of my favorite things right now!! Here goes...
1. Favorite dessert
I never post recipes because I don't like baking and I'm no good at it, which is probably why I don't like doing it. But this dessert is super easy, pretty and so delicious!! It's Paula Deen's strawberry shortcake, one of my favorite discoveries this summer. You can find the recipe here. It even calls for a store-bought angel food cake so no actual baking is required.
Now, I love a good block of cream cheese as much as the next girl, but Paula goes a little overboard for my tastes. When I made this I halved the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk and doubled the whipped topping. Also, I did sugar-free cake, jello and whipped topping, and couldn't tell at all.
2. Favorite blogs
I have two. The first is Enjoying the Small Things. This blog is amazing. Amazing, amazing. I love her writing and the pictures...oh, to be able to take pictures like that. This girl knows how to live, too.
The second is I Should Be Folding Laundry. How great (and true) is that title? The writer, Beth, is hilarious, honest and completely down-to-earth. And again with the great pictures.
3. Favorite Camera
Well, I don't actually own this camera...yet. But here's what I'm really, really, REALLY thinking I need. Or maybe I just need to stop reading blogs written by photographers. That would probably be cheaper.
4. Favorite Babies
So sorry, but I had to get a picture of the babies in, didn't I? This is from several months ago, and is the first picture I got of both kids smiling at the same time. I call it "Sheer Luck."
how precious!
ReplyDeletewe have been completely crazy around here getting ready for back to schol at church.
i finally saw shane last night for the first time, oh i don't know, all summer i think.
that cake looks yum-o!