Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daddy Date Night (by: Guest Blogger Daddy)

This is a first for me. I'm "guest blogging" for Amy. Oh, the pressure. You all are used to cute pictures and my wife's witty writing. What in the world could I possibly talk about? The Cardinals? Mizzou Football?

How about Brooke's very first movie-theater movie and my very first date with her? We saw Toy Story 3 in 3-D. It was awesome. Popcorn? Check. Whoppers? Check. $4 drink? Check. 3-D glasses? Check. Twenty-three dollars for two 3-D movie tickets?!? Check. And gulp.



I wasn't sure if she would a.)sit through the entire thing, b.) not talk loudly through the movie and c.) need to go potty during the best part. But she did fantastic. She put the glasses on and sat, mesmerized, from beginning to end.



And she loved it. Which means I loved it, too. She hasn't stopped talking about Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie since we got home.


If your hubby hasn't taken your little girl out for a date night lately, I would encourage him to do so. It's pretty awesome. What's our next date night going to be? Maybe that Cardinals game or Mizzou football game...

2 comments:

  1. How cute & what a special time for Daddy & daughter!! We love Daddy dates at our house too!! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from Mom Bloggers Club. What a great post! I need to encourage my husband to take our daughter out now!

    Sounds like you guys had a blast and she had a magical evening!

    ReplyDelete