I'm writing this one down. That's what this blog is about, right??
So this year, Scot's parents came up and we started the day at church. We sang some old, patriotic hymns--some of my favorites.
After church, naps, etc., Grandma and Brooke made homemade ice cream. I don't think I've had it before, but it is GOOD! Definitely a fan. Brooke was just thrilled to crack eight eggs at once and lick the paddle.
Then outside. Popper-thingies and glow bracelets...
...and trains??
Uh...where's Nate??
Then a little BBQ with burgers, beans, corn on the cob and chips. Nate did this to his hair entirely by himself.
Hi. I smell like baked beans.
After dinner, Brooke's buddy came by and they were seriously pumped for the fireworks. We have a great view of the town fireworks right in our backyard. They ran around yelling "I'm so excited!"
They are about to burst!
Of course, once the fireworks started they didn't watch. See, we have such a good view of the fireworks that the entire neighborhood shows up in our yard to watch. Little Miss would rather chat up the new people than watch fireworks. I couldn't see her because it was dark, but I could see the blur of her glow bracelets as she fluttered around chattering nonstop.
Brooke got to stay up until 10:30. (We paid for that one the next day.) A snuggle with Papa and off to bed.
We won't forget this one. :-)
HOW FUN!!! What a perfect day!!! Love the pictures. We stayed up till 10:30 too and paid for it yesterday. :)
ReplyDeleteThe 4th is my favorite holiday-I just love it. We were at my parents house and had a ball. We were bums this weekend so today I got up and fixed my make-up and hair just to remind myself that it could be done. I've been sporting Shane's huge tshirt and athletic shorts all weekend while we played outside in the heat :).
LOVE your blog!