So anyway, today's topic: 9 things most people don't know about you.
1. I have a huge fear of bedbugs. They're so gross. Something in my bed, feasting on me and laying eggs and pooping?

Ewwww!
I check for them when I change the sheets and I always check for them when I stay in hotel. I have issues, I know. But now you want to go check your bed, don't you?
2. I love real-life murder mystery shows. Forensic Files is my favorite. It's scary and gory, but the bad guys always get caught.
3. As a direct result of #2, I am a total wimp spending the night alone. It never fails that the cat is acting jumpy and weird, and there's some strange noise. If any axe murderers are reading this, don't even think about coming to my house. 'Cause I have a plan.
4. At Girl Scout day camp in second grade, I picked Goldenrod as my Indian name.

I made a beaded headband and we learned a song that I still sort of remember. My head is full of random stuff like this instead of more useful information like, say, where I left my cell phone.
5. Before I stayed home, I was a lawyer. I worked as a clerk for a judge. It was an interesting job and I really enjoyed it. I spent my days researching, writing and listening to attorneys argue their cases. I miss it sometimes, but I don't ever regret staying home. Before that I was a teacher. I taught 6th grade English and 4th grade before heading to law school.
6. This is what my fridge looks like.
It's a cluttered mess of pictures, artwork and Bible verses.
It's happy and messy, just like the kiddos.
7. For the longest time I didn't think I wanted kids. And then one day when I was about 27 years old, I decided I had to have a baby. Scot walked in the door that night and I laid the news on him. Scot didn't flinch and just said, "okay." Definitely one of our better decisions. :-)
8. I danced for several years growing up. Ballet, tap and jazz. I can still do a mean time step.
9. I have six toes. Not really. But I can't think of anything else. :-)
Thanks for the blog topic, Sara!!
Ewwww- bedbugs!! I am now going to go check my sheets. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you fridge- it is cute & sweet. I've been told that what a person's fridge looks like can tell you a lot about what is important to that person! :)
Have a great night!
Jessica
I'm with you on the bed bugs.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you taught school before lawschool...how long did you teach? Your fridge looks super neat compared to my back door (which is my equivalent of fridge posts. :)
Love reading your blog.
I think there was only one thing on here I didn't know, shocking huh?! Love everything about you, BFF!
ReplyDeletegood job goldenrod. loved this post. 10-4 i'm out. over.
ReplyDelete