
An hour later I stepped out of the shower to find that she had stripped down to nothing and was about to join me. As I put on my makeup, she was right next to me pretending to put on makeup, too. (Nathan did the same thing yesterday, but that's a whole different post.)
And then there's the phrase I've been hearing a lot lately: "will you play with me?"
Will you play with me?
Will you play with me???
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd have to stop blogging because my private island wouldn't have internet access. It's all day, every day. First thing in the morning. When I'm making dinner, when I'm eating dinner. When I'm giving her a bath. When I am playing with her! 
Most days, I really do love that she wants to be with me so much. She's my little fanclub of one. It will be a sad day when she no longer comes to me in her superhero cape, fairies and princesses in hand, and asks me to play.
On the other days, I pray for an extra dose of patience.
And then we play, me and my little shadow.
ha yes "will you play with me" the phrase you sometimes pretend you didnt hear. Unfortunately, they keep repeating it until you do play. There is no right answer, except "yes".
ReplyDeleteBut you are right ... before you know it they wont be asking anymore. It will be "can I spend the night at ___________'s house"
then they start saying "OMG I hate you!! Why are you so mean!!"
then it's "can I have some money to go to the movies"
then thats replaced by "mom, can I please borrow the car?" (thats when they smile sweetly at you and say they love you lol)
Later that night(or one of the many days or nights following) you get a call that she backed her/your car into another car in the walmart parking lot. Or the lovely call from the police at 1 am to come get her because she is out past curfew....
Then there is always the call to "PLEEAASSEEE put money in my bank account mom, I am broke and hungry" from college...
well lets just enjoy the "will you play with me" for now... so much more to look forward to down the road.
(this from a mom with 20, 15, 13 and 4 yr old children.) It happens in the blink of an eye!!
Such a precious girl! I love her "B" cape--did your mom make that for her?! Love & miss my girls!!!
ReplyDelete